Online Banking Security Statement
Online Banking Security
First City Bank works with cutting edge technology to ensure that the most secure environment is made possible for our valued customers. You can be completely confident of the following security measures:
Firewalls are used to protect the information on our Online Banking site. A firewall is a combination of software and hardware products that designate parameter control and limit the access that outside computers have to internal networks and databases.
Multifactor Authentication uses multiple factors to authenticate users such as:
- The first level requires the correct entry of your Username and Password. These must match system records or access is refused.
- The second level of identification is the device you use to sign in. If the computer, phone or tablet is not recognized, you will be required to enter a One Time Passcode (OTP) delivered via your registered email or you may be required to answer a challenge question to ensure your identity.
- The third level of authentication is based on geographic indicators. If you attempt to login at a new geographic location, you may be asked an additional challenge question.
No one can access your information online without your username and password. The online banking system checks for invalid logins and automatically disallows a user after three invalid attempts. You can protect your account information by logging off of your computer when you have completed your transaction. If you forget to log off, our online banking system will disconnect you after a certain period of inactivity.
You will be responsible for maintaining one of the most important security measures, your password. Your online banking password should always be kept a secret. Memorize it, or write it down and keep it in a safe place. It is not recommended you carry your password in your purse or wallet. Make sure no one watches you enter your password and always close your browser when leaving the computer. Make sure you regularly scan your computer for viruses that could be used to capture password keystrokes. You ultimately hold the key to your password.
Secure browsers such as Microsoft's Internet Explorer are required to access your information. Only browsers with 128-bit encryption technology, the strongest encryption available, are supported. Encryption is accomplished through Secure Sockets Layers(SSL) which utilize mathematical formulas to "encrypt" or hide information from prying eyes on the Internet. Additionally, if SSL detects that data was added or deleted after you sent it to the bank, the connection will be severed in order to guard against any tampering.
Your browser is an important part of the overall security measures designed to protect your Internet banking transactions. Please consult the information below to make sure you are using supported browser/system requirements.
- Minimum of at least 56K Modem (40kbs) Connection
- Screen Resolution set to 800 X 600 or higher
- Pentium II, 233MHz or faster
- Cookies enabled.
- Active X enabled.
Betaversions of Internet browsers are not supported on any operating system. Please click on appropriate link to view and download the latest version of supported browsers. Prior to download please review each browser's system requirements.
Personal Online Banking List
Business Online Banking List