The Strength and Resources to Meet All of Your Needs
First City Bank of Florida was the first charted bank south of Eglin Air Force Base. Through the efforts of the entire community, the bank was charted by and for the citizens in South Okaloosa County. Today, First City Bank of Florida remains the oldest independent bank on the Emerald Coast.
The basic management philosophy of First City Bank is based upon safety, soundness and personal service. We are proud to have played a key role in the financial growth of our area, and we are looking forward to the continued growth and prosperity of our community in the coming years.
The first account opened on November 17, 1948 was entered by Ray O. Deal for the Fort Walton Kiwanis Club in the amount of $50.00.
First City Bank (formerly the Bank of Fort Walton) opened with $60,000 in capital representing the investments of 42 stockholders. The total investment included $50,000 working capital, $5,000 surplus, and $5,000 in undivided profits.
First Chairman of the Board: Hilary Stewart
First President: H.H. Harris, Sr.
Today’s Board of Directors at First City Bank:
John C. McGee
Robert E. Bennett, Jr.
James T. Abernethy
Frederick L. Pryor
Larry E. Reeder, CPA